Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Catching up

I don't even know where to begin. So much has happened in the month of March and we are only about half way through. It was just 3 1/2 weeks ago we found out we were being transferred to Nebraska. Since finding out we have went to Nebraska to look for a house, decided to build and now have a basement! We are extremely excited about the house we have chosen to build. It is a ranch with a walk-out basement. The main floor is completely open except for our 3 bedrooms. I can't wait to start picking stuff out. Ethan has already decided his room is going to be green because it's his favorite. I found a really cool Mario baseball fathead to put on his wall. I think he'll be pretty excited to see it. When I asked him what color Avery's room should be he said pink because that's her favorite. The basement has 2 more bedrooms, a sitting area, a sunken bar, and a billiard room (obviously this will be our playroom). The subdivision has a community pool, fitness room, clubhouse and play ground. The kids and I stayed a week with Michael. We took Ethan to see the hole but he was only interested in the pool. It helped that it was freezing and we could tell him he had to wait until it was warm for it to open. That brings me to our temporary house. It is a tiny, little place that I think will show us we have to much stuff. Ethan loves it and didn't want to come back here. The night we arrived, after our 10 1/2 hour trip was a little rough to put it nicely. Avery couldn't stop crying and we had to unload everything on the Uhaul to get to the beds. We had to let her cry while we unloaded because she was wanting to go to bed. She had spent an entire day basically in her car seat and all she wanted was someone to hold her. I pick her up and try to give her a bottle while Michael tries to get the Wii started for Ethan. She wasn't settling for anything less than a bed and we didn't bring the clicker for the TV so we couldn't change the input to the Wii. Michael and I were so starved we were about to take each others heads off. So we decide to pack the crying baby, a 4 year old who is tired of the car and 2 cranky parents back into Michael's car to go to Wal-Mart. Avery of course fell asleep just in time to be woken back up to go in Wal-Mart. We buy all the supplies and get us something to eat and head back. We get Ethan set up with his new Dora Wii game, Avery asleep on top of her mattress and us fed. We start putting the crib together and after 30 minutes of struggling it breaks! We couldn't believe it. We decided she could stay on her mattress for the night and buy a new bed the next day. We move on to our bed. While Michael puts it together I went to put up the shower curtain and we didn't buy curtain rings. By the time we get all the beds together and put Ethan in bed it is 1 AM. Ethan slept until 11 the next day. The house is a split level and Ethan's can see down into the living area when he goes to bed. I think he loves that no matter where he is in the house he can see everywhere else.
While we were in Omaha we took Ethan to a place called the Pizza Machine. It was awesome! It had go carts, a small roller coaster, a goofy golf and tons of other games. The pizza buffet had every kid friendly food you can name. I can guarantee if any one comes to visit they will be seeing this place.

No comments: