Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Program.


Ethan is a superstar! This year I felt no stress about Ethan's performance. I decided no matter what he did on the stage I was going to love every minute of it. Turns out he was the star. He didn't miss any of the dance moves or the words. He has terrific rythm. He sang Little Drummer Boy, 5 Little Christmas Trees, Must be Santa, Frosty the Snowman, The Reindeer Pokey and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Each song had hand movements or instruments. We could here his voice over everyone's. He would hold his notes a little longer or sing just a little louder. At the end of the program Santa came in and sang a song then stayed to visit. Ethan was pretty proud of himself. He had the biggest smile on his face when he came off the stage. Of course he quickly started running around with his friends like his work was done. The line to see Santa was very long so we decided we would skip it so we could go see Christmas lights. Just as quickly as we made the decision Ethan was in line to see him. I turn around and say to Michael I guess we'll stay then turn back around and he is sitting on Santa's lap. He came to the front of the line and watched a little girl on Santa's lap and when she hopped off he hopped on. It's nice to know he doesn't like to waste time either. Santa kept asking him what he wanted and he was so quite with his answer that Santa had to ask 3 times. The 3rd time Ethan hollers out "A candy cane!". He had seen the bowl sitting next to Santa and realized the only way to get one was to sit on the old guys lap.

No comments: