Monday, December 8, 2008
Avery 5 months
I can't believe it has been 5 months. It is amazing how she has grown and developed. Avery now weighs 16.5 pounds. She is more intrigued every day by her big brother. Yesterday she was sitting in her jumperoo watching Ethan. He would jump off the couch while I threw a pillow at him. He would catch the pillow then do a roll like he was catching a fly ball in the outfield. This went on about 30 minutes, with every jump she laughed harder and louder. When Ethan woke up today he brought us down stairs and said let's play and make 'him' laugh. I think the next few months are going to be exciting to watch how the two of them interact. Avery is doing a few new tricks. When we go to resteraunts she can now sit in a high chair. I think she is more tickled by this than us. She loves to look around and watch everyone. That is something else new she is doing. When someone is holding her she really studies their face both with her eyes and her hands. Anything new in front of her she has to feel. Her smile is so sweet. There are times I look at her and see a little Cabbage Patch baby doll. She is really able to eat now. The first food she actually swallowed and loved was carrots. Once the first bite went in she could not get enough. Her head was shaking and her mouth was open just like a little bird. It was so exciting to see her enjoyment. She also loves sweet potatoes, pears and applesauce. Today she tried sweet peas. It is putting it mildly to say she didn't like them. She first tried not opening her mouth then resorted to all out crying complete with red face and crocodile tears. She is such a terrific sleeper. She has been going to bed by seven since she was probably about 2 months old and would sleep until about 3:30 or 4. Now she sleeps until almost 6! I can't wait to see what the next month brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment