Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Decorations.

We have been very busy since the last post. We put up our tree the first weekend in November. It may seem extremely early but it worked for us. We had just planned on getting everything out of the attic but once Ethan saw Christmas decorations they had to go up. There is not a single person out there who could have said no to this sweet child. I can tell he has some of my Mom's blood. She has always lived for Christmas. She was always the first awake on Christmas morning. I remember one Christmas she woke us up at 2 a.m. to open presents from Santa, but most of the time she let us sleep in until 5. It seems like I am making fun of her but now that I have these 2 beautiful kids I understand her excitement. I cannot put into words the excitement Ethan has when we start getting out the decorations. Michael will bring in a tote and Ethan will say 'What cou' it be? It's a....a...a...snowman!!!'. This happens with everything brought it. He hangs a few ornaments but really likes playing with anything that makes noise. His favorite is the Mickey and Minnie snow globe. Ethan even braves the cold to help Michael put the outside decorations up. The only downfall to having our tree up so early is when Ethan went to bed he was sure Santa was coming that night. When he woke up in the morning he asked again if Santa had come. How can you explain to a 4 year old that it is going to be another 2 months. Everyone may be wondering why Avery hasn't been mentioned. She took a nap through the entire decorating process. She did like to look at the lights but didn't seem to be as mesmerized as I thought she would. I can't wait until next year when she can participate too.

No comments: