Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sledding
We decided to go sledding before the snow melted. Avery fell asleep before we finally found a hill that still had snow. Ethan had a blast. Once Michael had pushed him down a couple of times it made it slippery enough to make it quick. I think this is one of the funnest times Ethan has had. We were at Joe Glick park here in Edwardsville. Ethan was finished sledding after about 30 minutes. Avery had woken up and did not understand why in the world we had her out in this bright snow. It was 45 degrees so Ethan was ready to play on the slides. The last snow game Ethan wanted to play was 'Mario Slugger'. He pretended he was Donkey Kong and Michael would toss him snowballs. He would use his mighty monkey swing and smash the snowball into smithereens. Avery and I had already made our way back to the car. I finally got her disrobed after about 10 minutes and the boys were back. We ended the outing with a trip to Cold Stone Creamy. Ethan got his usual, green ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. I got a cup of fat free vanilla with Oreo cookies. Avery had her first taste of mine. At first she looked at me like it was the strangest thing I had ever put in her mouth, then she got Oreo cookie flavor on her taste buds. She couldn't get enough! If I would try to take a bite her little mouth would open wide, her head would shake with anticipation, and she would follow the bite all the way to my mouth. I for see many trips to the ice cream store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment