Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exciting new tricks.

I always think of more information after I have posted a blog. Avery has been waving for about 1 week now. It is the sweetest thing. She looks at her hand like it is a rattle then her fingers bend up and down at the knuckle. So cute! Yesterday she started her newest trick. Aunt Cathy taught her this one. It started out when you would help her stand on your knees by letting her hold your fingers. If you would ask her 'How big is Avery?', she will pull your fingers above her head as you say 'She's soooooo big'. Now when she is sitting or laying and you ask her she'll grab her index finger on her right hand with her left hand then pull them above her head. This squeezes her chubby cheeks between her arms. It makes you want to pinch them.

Ethan had gymnastics tonight. There are only him and 2 other boys in his class. They get along great but boy are they screwballs! He started doing new tricks on the balance beam. The first was to walk through a hula-hoop the teacher held up on the beam. The second was much more exciting. As I watched with Avery through the big window I saw him do a forward roll on the high beam! I couldn't believe it. He was the only one in the class brave enough to give it a try. Once he did it once there was no stopping him. Now don't get the wrong idea the teacher was right there helping out but I think by next week he'll be doing it on his own. He has also started taking swim lessons. He is the youngest in his class but the bravest here as well. When he swam with Michael he was able to swim a little bit on his own. When I went he wanted me to hold on to him a little more. I'm sure I'm a little more anxious than his Dad. He played a game that they sang the itsy bitsy spider as Michael lifted him up a pole, once to the top Michael let him go and he went under the water and pushed himself back to the top. He was the only one capable of this feat by the way. I think he is going to be a terrific swimmer by the end of this 8 week class.

No comments: