Sunday, July 18, 2010

What....

Ethan is going through a new phase of life in which he questions everything. If I have asked him not to do something it is a guarantee that he will ask what will happen if he does. When he first started questioning everything I thought it was cute. I am now grateful he does it. It makes me stop and think whether I'm being to bossy. Maybe what I'm asking him to do or not to do is really not that big of a deal. For example, me 'stop making that noise', Ethan 'what will happen if I don't', obviously nothing so now I just let him make the noise. It has also helped him be more thoughtful when he is asking for something. We put him in bed tonight and left. He called Michael back in and asked for some goldfish. Michael told him it was late and time to go to sleep. Ethan surprised him by saying well the goldfish will help me go to sleep. Michael started laughing and Ethan said well are you going to get them or not. It is this kind of reasoning he uses for everything now and I love it.

No comments: