Our little girl is growing so fast. She no longer eats baby food. She only wants food she can eat by herself. I remember I was a paranoid freak when Ethan was this age about real food going in his mouth. I was convinced he was going to choke. Ethan is not a slow eater though. He always wants to hurry and get back to what he is playing. He has been known to stuff all of his chicken in at once and chipmunk store it for later use. Avery is an excellent eater. She eats quickly but more appropriate bites for the most part. She loves food with a lot of flavor. While we were staying at Aunt Cathy's she had chicken with taco seasoning. She loves spaghetti and pizza. We went to the pizza factory last night. It has games and rides and a pizza buffet. Ethan loves it. Avery had 2 pieces of pizza and part of a brownie! She loves chocolate. I would put pieces of the brownie out and she would move the pizza out of the way to get to it. At first I thought she was just searching out what I had just laid down so I started putting out more pizza. She would still look until she found the brown pieces. I guess we don't have to worry about color blindness. I think her sweet tooth is so cute!
She has crawled 2 steps. She can go from laying down to sitting pretty quick now. When she tries to crawl her chubby little thigh stops her foot from going underneath her. She can move backwards all day long. To move forward she puts 1 leg straight while the other is in a crawling position. She uses her toes on her straight leg to try and propel forward. I think by the end of the week she is going to be motoring everywhere. Today Ethan and I were helping her practice standing. I would hold her hands and let go of 1 at a time. She was able to stand for about 10 seconds before she would fall to her tail. When I laid her down for her nap she wasn't quite ready to go to sleep. First she sat up as soon as I laid her down. I still left the room because she has always been good about putting herself to sleep. I got Ethan a drink then checked the monitor. I couldn't see her so I went up to check on her and she was standing up! Now comes the time when she is able to get herself to standing but not able to get back down.
She has 6 teeth total. Four on top and 2 on the bottom. She has about 3 that are trying to work there way through. I think that is what caused her double ear infection last week. They have given her a lot of drainage and pain. She has had a little trouble sleeping but Tylenol gives her almost instant relief.
She LOVES to swing. Anything outside is up her alley but swinging is the best. She giggles out loud just to be swinging. If Ethan or one of her cousins does anything funny to add to the excitement she is out of control with laughter. She likes to take walks, preferrably with a snack but it isn't mandatory. I think her favorite toy right now is her brothers Batman castle. He is so good to her. I assumed he would not want her to touch his things in case she would break them. In her 9 months of life he has not said 1 cross word about her touching his toys.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment