We have had a few terrific weather days. It is so nice to play outside. Avery wants to be at the park, riding bikes or taking a walk from the time she gets up until she goes to bed. Ethan rode his bike without training wheels for the first time last weekend. He doesn't necessarily enjoy it but he puts up with our request. He still loves to run. We start track on Tuesday. It is calling for rain but hopefully it holds off. He has asked today to start reading Harry Potter books. We'll see if it holds his attention. I have not read them myself so this could be enjoyable for both of us.
Avery has gotten a little rotten streak here lately. Friday she asked to make cupcakes. We picked up the ingredients while we were grocery shopping. Pink strawberry cake with pink strawberry icing. I'm sure if she could have found blue that is what we would have come home with. She tells us about 30 times a day blue is her favoritest color ever. Anyway, we come home a make them. Saturday comes around and her and Ethan have one for breakfast. Her way of eating it is to only eat the top. She has only wanted to eat junk lately so when she asked for another I told her she had to eat something healthy or wait until after lunch. About 30 minutes to an hour later I get in the shower while the kids are playing and watching T.V.. I go to check on them when I get out to find her covered in icing, 2 cupcakes on the floor with no tops, and the container they were in covered in icing from where she turned it upside down. I say, 'Avery what are you doing?'. She tells me her new line for when she has done something wrong....'Oops sorry Mom, it's O.K.'. How can you get mad?
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment