I'm sure everyone is wondering what is up with our wonderful kids. So much has happened since I was on before I don't know where to begin. I'll start with Ethan. He is reading between a first and second grade level, making new friends and growing everyday. They have started addition and subtraction since being back from Christmas break. It is amazing what is considered kindergarten level work now. He takes it all in and delivers every time. He has stopped karate. He did break boards with his feet and his hands but decided he wasn't having fun anymore. He has started taking gymnastics again. He loves it. I feel guilty I didn't put him back in sooner. He has been involved in a few things without me. I've been told over and over how well mannered and behaved he is for his age. It makes me so proud to know he goes out in the world and really shows what he can do. I also know he can show his true personality as well. He is such a comedian. We had Adam Sandler's Waterboy movie on the other day while we played in the basement. I didn't even think Ethan was paying attention. All 4 of us were in the toy room and he started singing 'This water sucks, it really, really, sucks'. We started cracking up!
Avery has grown in leaps and bounds. She is in a big girl bed now. It hasn't been easy by any means. She is getting the hang of it though. She is more brave than Ethan. It only took her 2 nights to figure out she wasn't trapped. She shocked us one night about 11. We were watching Y&R and Michael says 'Avery's coming down the stairs'. She woke up and decided she just wanted to see what she was missing. There were about 3-4 nights she was awake from about 1 until 4. I have figured out she must have a high metabolism and needs a few extra carbs before bed. No wimpy bedtime snack for her. She gets up on her own every morning and comes to our room with her sleepy eyes. After a couple of minutes she says' I want moke (milk) or I want juice.
It is crazy how much she talks. It is not just a few words here and there. She says complete sentences. They usually involve a demand for me to follow. "Give me that, I want that, No!". These are some of her favorites. She copies everything Ethan does. I see her watch him to see what she is going to do next. Most of the time it is to jump off something or run a race.
In the past week she has started calling me Mama. I have no idea where she heard it. Ethan has never referred to me as that. Her newest demand is 'Mama watch'. When I don't look immediately she hollers waaaaaaatch! It's annoyingly cute. Sometimes she is holding herself up between 2 chairs or has drawn a picture for me to see.
She has also started gymnastics. She is one of the youngest in her class but one of the strongest. She loves to jump and thinks she is hot stuff when she does. Her favorite thing at the gym is the trampoline. It is amazing how strong her stomach muscles are. When she hangs on the parallel bar she is the only one that can make herself swing back and forth. They have 5 minutes of what is called separation time. She doesn't hesitate without me next to her. I hope she can keep this confidence as she grows.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment